Pages

Sunday 5 February 2012

A Maulidur Rasul entry

Yesterday was the 12th Rabiulawal 1433. You guys know what that means?

That's right! Prophet Muhammad PBUH (Peace Be Upon Him) was born.

Normally, in here we celebrate by conducting a procession while praying and making selawats for the Prophet (PBUH). Well, at least that's what schools and workplaces are conducting. It is a holiday after all.

Personally, instead of procession, why don't we remind each other to do good deeds to mankind? I'm sure the Prophet (PBUH) would be happy for us. Plus, no good deeds go unrewarded if you know what I mean.

Actually, good deeds can be done everyday regardless of holiday or no holiday. It can be something a simple as throwing a trash in the trash can or something else such as studying, do chores and the like.


Title : One Day
Artist: Matisyahu



What would you say to the Prophet (PBUH) if you get to sit with him for one minute?

Other than assalamualaikum, what comes next is really difficult. I might cry like the girl in the video because it is the Prophet (PBUH) we're talking about. It's every Muslims' dream to be with him. I think not only it's overwhelming thinking about it but it's actually pretty cool. Of course, I have to choose my words carefully. Being rude and explicit is a big no-no. Seriously, I don't know what to say other than giving salam to him. I might cry. Well, I almost cried watching that video which I muted it knowing that if I turned up the volume, I would cry more than I cried during the time Elphaba sang Defying Gravity in the Wicked the Musical.

To end this entry, I would like to wish Happy holidays and Happy Maulidur Rasul to all ^_^

No comments: