Pages

Thursday 23 February 2012

Money and status

My friend once told me that it's all about status today. People will look at what house you live in, how many cars you have, what car do you drive and stuff. He told me that 4 months ago. Now, I'm still thinking about it.

Personally, I do believe that it is the reality of the present world. What he said is what's happening today.

Isn't that sad? People look at you based on your possession. It's like your possessions determines your status and class, not your personality.

Why is it happening?

Why people tend to look at price tags now?

Well, it's kinda stupid, you know. To allow your stuff to overshadow you and to let people judge you with what you own instead of who you are. I had to admit, owning nice things is well... nice. It's nice to have lots of money because we don't have to worry about how to pay our bills, our education, healthcare, food and stuff. But having it dictate your life and define you, that's just sad. It's like saying, "Hi, I am nothing without my money. Without it, I'd just be some worthless dude." Money and worldly possessions aren't everything. In the end, what defines you is just... you.

No comments: