Pages

Thursday 17 November 2011

Why we should tell our loved ones that we love them

I've never been in a relationship before. Well, I almost got into a relationship but let's not talk about that. What am I going to talk about in this post is that why we have to confess to someone we love that we love them. This doesn't only apply to crushes, it applies to parents, siblings, child, spouse, relatives and friends (reality and imaginary) (and pets).

Basically, mere mortals like us die. Yeap, we die. When we die, we get buried and questioned by two angels by the name Munkar and Nakir. We ain't fairies or elvens with lifespan of 500 years. We can die anytime, it depends on Allah. So, before we die, we have to make some preparations such as do good deeds and do what Allah tells us to do and avoid what Allah forbids us. Other than that, we have to regularly tell our loved ones that we love them and if we have a crush on someone, tell them. Confess. Confront. It is nerve wrecking, I have to admit. I've been through it. I couldn't even say hi to that dude, let alone smile. All I could do was to admire him from afar. But, I managed to confess to him (and see his epic eye-popping facial expression).

When people die (either us or our loved ones) and we didn't get to tell them how much we love them, we'll feel kinda (okay, very) fucked up. I mean, they died not knowing that we love them, even if they knew they'd still want to hear it from us. In cases where the ones who died are ourselves, they will never know that we love them and will never hear it from ourselves that we love them (unless they peeked into your personal diary/blog). Isn't that sad?

In cases where we have a crush on someone, well... we have to let them know. Why? If we don't let our feelings known, they'll never know. And, they might end up with someone else leaving us fucked up and heartbroken wondering to ourselves why we didn't confess. There IS a possibility that we could happen if we confess. If things don't work out, oh well. Plenty of human beings on Earth. Of course, we will feel dejected and humiliated (and heartbroken) but we'll get over it. Just move on. We are stronger than we think we are.

Yeah, they might freak out and think it's hilarious and told ALL of their friends about it (you know who you are). They might feel uncomfortable after that, they might not talk to us anymore (for a week or two), they might insult us and whatnots. However, some do by weird mechanism like us back. Some do stay friends with us. Plus, when we confess, somehow we feel relieved, as if you've gotten the burden off your chest. When I confessed to a guy (who is now a friend of mine) when I was 14, he had his weird facial expression that I find really cute. The next thing I know was that he told ALL of his friends about it. It was embarrassing okay!!!!! Imagine when you pass by them, they started to tease you (and him). And, when you were in a science lab, one of his friends passed by and saw you and started to call out his name. Man, I feel like killing him (my crush) at that time. Can't he like keep it to himself? It went on for 2 years (thank God age gap).

Oh well. At least, I made some new friends and I can talk to him without blushing or tongue tied. It wasn't really a happy ending. He turned me down (indirectly). I was sad, but hey. That's life.

Then, I had a crush on one of my friends. Then, he got himself a girlfriend and he never knew that I like him. It was heartbreaking to see them together but it's even sadder on the fact that he will never knew. We're still friends and I got over him. I'm genuinely happy for both of them now and I wish them the best. Some of my friends (CG included) were like, "How come you're so slow????" Yeah. Too little too late. Curse my shyness. I was trying to protect our friendship so much that I blew off my chances of ending up with him cause I actually thought that he'd make a good dad for my children, seriously. Oh well. I blew it off so I have to bear the consequences.

So yeah. Having feelings for friends really suck but being friends is actually a stepping stone to a relationship, like CG said.

So, I'm taking this opportunity to say:

I love you guys ^_^ !!!!!

Music time:



Song: We Could Happen
Artist: AJ Rafael

No comments: